Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Monday, March 09, 2009

A REAL QUICKY !!!!.

Todays blog is the first I have done for a few days now.Perhaps because I feel blogging stale, I'm really not sure.I do know that I dont look forward to posting like I did a while ago. It may be the lack of interesting things happening to blog about during the long Winter days, is the problem.I think you really have to be motivated into blogging, which at the moment I'm not. Also after over two years blogging I still have my trusty band of readers (bless them) but very little in the way of new readers or more to the fact, commentors. Maybe this should tell me something, just maybe my blog does not appeal to a wide enough set of readers. All this has put serious doubts in my mind about carrying on blogging, over the next week or two I will give it some serious thought.
So to todays blog. Over the last few weeks Sue and I have been struggling to get the Video part of our "Finepix" camera and also our phone to record us a couple of decent Video's. To no avail I'm afraid, although the "Finepix A700" is a great little camera for stills. So last week we were shopping when we saw this tiny little Video Camera being demonstrated, after watching we decided this could be just what we were looking for. I then went into another shop and saw this advertised for £75.00 BP. After a little haggling we came out with this camera , the Flip-Video-Ultra-Camcorder-60-Minutes in Black (look it up), with a USB connecting lead for £71.00 BP. I cannot praise it enough, its just so simple to use and has fair picture quality too. See for your selves below, The first Video was taken in our "Local" the Kings Arms, it was taken to test how it coped with low light levels, as you can see it did well!!!.
Although the group are no budding "Beatles" etc, they did provide some reasonable
entertainment.



Not thinking straight again, have put these the wrong way to how i planned them, Bu***r.This next Video is of our latest aquisition the "Raclet Quickstop" folding camper. I joined several takes together to make these shortish clips. To get the Camper erected to this level took Sue and I exactly 4 mins 20 seconds. It also has underskirts and beds plus a full Awning, (not fitted).

Finally this Video was taken as five seperate short clips then made into a Video (so were the others). This Camera has built into it a mode for editing the film and joining it into a full video. No memory cards etc, its internal memory gives 60 mins full Video time. This is first part of the town centre, then out onto the Sea front, showing the Pier, finally showing the award winning park and Childrens play area.

Joke of the day

A husband wrote the following letter for his wife and left it on the dining-room table:
To My Dear Wife,
You will surely understand that I have certain needs that you, being 54 years' old, can no longer satisfy.
I am very happy with you and I value you as a good wife. Therefore, after reading this letter, I hope that you will not wrongly interpret the fact that I will be spending the evening with my 18-year-old secretary at the Comfort Inn Hotel. Please don't be upset - I shall return home before midnight.
With love from Your loving husband.
When the man came home late that night, he found the following letter on the dining-room table:
To My Dear Husband,
I received your letter and thank you for your honesty.
I would like to remind you that you too are 54 years' old. As you know, I am a maths teacher at our local college and I have to inform you that while you're at the Comfort Inn, I will be at the Hotel Fiesta with Eric, one of my students. He is very virile and, like your secretary, he is 18 years' old. As you too have a good knowledge of maths, you will understand that we are in the same situation - although with one small difference: 18 goes into 54 a lot more times than 54 goes into 18.
So it'll be well after midnight before I get home.
With love from Your loving wife.


__________________________________________

5 Comments:

Blogger Aiden said...

dont ever give up bloggin! its one if the few links i have to see whats happening around my old home

12:41 am  
Blogger Shammickite said...

heheheh love that joke!
I think you should keep on blogging just whenever the muse hits you.
I've been blogging a little less frequently recently, mainly because it's winter (*blah!) and I don't seem to have been doing much that's blogworthy.... there's a limit to how many times I can post a pic of my lovely grandson! So keep on blogging.... I'll read 'em!
I'm thinking of buying a little video camera too, they are so small these days, and make such good videos.

3:35 pm  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Bob ~~ Pretty darn good effort for a real quickie, and lack of
inspiration to blog. Well done.
Keep at it, just when you feel like it. Good joke, especially the maths part of it. Thanks for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed the post. I have been lax lately because of the pain I am having, can't think straight. Plan to post later tonight. Take care, Regards, Merle.

7:41 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

replica handbags, true religion jeans, longchamp, ralph lauren uk, nike blazer, nike roshe run, burberry, north face, louboutin pas cher, mulberry, hermes, michael kors, timberland, lacoste pas cher, true religion jeans, nike free, sac longchamp, nike air max, true religion jeans, true religion outlet, hogan, air force, hollister, lululemon, coach purses, nike roshe, ralph lauren pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, longchamp pas cher, oakley pas cher, nike trainers, ray ban pas cher, michael kors, air max, nike huarache, air jordan pas cher, converse pas cher, new balance pas cher, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, vans pas cher, nike air max, michael kors, nike free run uk, nike air max, north face, tn pas cher, sac guess, vanessa bruno, michael kors

6:12 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors outlet
michael kors bag
michael kors wallets
michael kors tote
michael kors outlets
michael kors Chicago Premium Outlets
macys michael kors
Discount Michael Kors
jordan retro 7
retro jordans
kd 7
lebron 12
nike air max 90
nike air max 1
nike free 3.0
nike free run
christian louboutin outlet
Red Bottom Shoes
mbt canada
mbt usa
fitflops clearance
fitflop sandals
Kobe 9 Elite
Nike Air Huarache
christian louboutin sale
christian louboutin store
Air Jordan 11 Retro 72 10
cheap jordans
Jordan Retro 8 Concord
Jordan 5 fire red
coach store
coach outlets stores
Michael Kors Clearance

5:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home