Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

MY GARDEN.







These are a few photo's of my garden(s),I will start by giving you an idea of the area's concerned.We live in a terraced house close to a quiet road (just a footpath between us and the road)ThisGarden is about 14ft long by 3ft wide,and contains (the permanent ones) five large Rose bushes,One large Fuchsia(Garden News) bush and a large number of(buried)spring bulbs Narcissi Daffodils etc.As well as these we have five long plastic planters, three round planters,two square concrete planters, six window sill mounted half round planters, and finally five hanging baskets. At the rear we have an L shaped back yard, a total length of about twenty eight ft long with an eleven ft section that is ten ft wide.We also use a short piece of sloping shed roof for mostly veg, a row of Runner Beans against the backwall (grown in stacking boxes)Lettuce,carrots,radish all in planters, then up the steps (nine) to the rear alley we grow tomatoes in large round pots usually three varieties. The veg are all grown in growing bag medium(usually peat based i'm afraid).Also in the yard is a home made cold frame and lots of shelves.As I think I've said before Fuchsias are my main love ,I once had sixty eight varieties and one hundred and fifty cuttings from these. But that is another blog another day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Shammickite said...

Your garden is lovely, I bet you get lots of nice complimentary comments from your neighbours. However, I'm sure the garden doesn't look quite as colourful right now... February is a very drab month. Have you had any snow this winter?

2:26 am  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Thank you for the comment,yes we do get a few compliments from passers by which makes you think thats its worth the trouble.As far as snow is concerned(whats snow?)we get next to none most years.Here Jan/Feb are the gardeners drabest time,were all looking forward to March and the Spring flowers.

12:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what a beautiful site! Looking at these pictures warms me up. It is only 7 degrees out today so I need all the help I can get! Your garden is beautiful, thanks for sharing!

5:30 pm  
Blogger Haddock said...

Wow, that's a lot of garden in a smallish space. I like fuschia's as well. I'm not too sure if they are hardy enough to withstand a bad German winter.
As a kid I used to drink the nectar from Fuschia flowers on my way to school :)

10:06 am  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

For Now, Looking at photo's now, warms me up too(11 degrees here)Thanks for calling.By the way Gardening is on the agenda for a couple of blogs soon.

Haddock, Most of the Fuchsia varieties that I grow are the large doubles that do tend not to be frost hardy. There are dozens of types that are fully hardy (even for Germany)I have a few which I will Show Later,Thanks for visit. At this time still no snow!!!.

6:05 pm  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:07 pm  
Blogger John said...

abercrombie outlet
christian louboutin shoes
nike trainers uk
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton bags
coach outlet store online clearance
ralph lauren shirts
abercrombie & fitch
ray-ban sunglasses
tory burch boots
louis vuitton outlet
concords 11
ugg boots sale
louis vuitton outlet stores
soccer shoes
coach factory outlet
uggs boots
nike free 5.0
nike huarache
mulberry uk
coach factory outlet online
uggs outlet
tod's shoes
ed hardy outlet
michael kors outlet store
cheap toms
abercrombie & fitch
ugg boots
nike running shoes for women
hollister kids
gucci outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
jordan concords
kate spade handbags
20151230yuanyuan

7:49 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

2018324 leilei3915
kate spade
prada outlet
michael kors outlet online
mbt shoes clearance outlet
ralph lauren polo
michael kors outlet clearance
ugg outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
coach outlet online
ralph lauren polo shirts

4:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home