Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A LIKELY STORY.

During last summer while we were at the caravan, we went one wet day for a walk around Ilfracombe. We were walking the sea front when down came the rain like a cloud burst, the nearest shelter was the Theatre booking office/foyer/cafe.We sat down in the cafe and had a cup of tea then noticed a couple of indoor stands, art, crafts and this one researching basic geneology and family coats of arms/history. So after a lot of poking around in old books and using the computer they said if we go back in a couple of hours they will get our coat of arms printed out for us, so here it is.
Please click on picture to enlarge and read

7 Comments:

Blogger Shammickite said...

Hmmm... a good story!

10:08 pm  
Blogger Jeanette said...

hi Bob, interesting story how you was able to get the shield..

While traveling through out back Queensland Australia with caravan we stopped and had lunch at Ilfracombe.So looks like were got something in common. same name place in different parts of the world..

1:20 pm  
Blogger Rob Windstrel Watson said...

Hi Bikerbob

Thanks for stopping by at my humble record of my even humbler travels and especially for not finding fault with my placenemes :-)

I've changed the references from Porlock Toll Road to Worthy Toll Road to keep George happy. A quick search shows that a lot of others think of it as Porlock Toll Road but never mind eh.

I was in Ilfracombe the other day, passing through after a visit to Combe Martin. It was a nice ride that ended up at Dunkery Beacon and then home.

With the cost of vehicle fuel these days, I often wonder if I could travel more with a motorbike. But the thought petrifies me because motorbikes are so vulnerable to the bad driving of car owners.

See you around :-)

4:44 pm  
Blogger Rob Windstrel Watson said...

Hi Bikerbob

My bad (as my son would say) on both accounts.

I've now discovered, whilst playing tennis this evening, that there are actually two toll roads going up the side of the hill in Porlock.

Considering I went to school in the area and have lived in it, on and off, for many many years, this has come as quite a shock. Sadly, George, who I play folk music with (he plays melodeon), was absolutely right.

On the subject of crabs and crayfish, I think I'll change to crayfish. Thanks, that is a good suggestion.

Thanks for your kind words about the story.

On the subject of moderation, I am questioning the use of author moderation and have stopped using it on some of my sites. I think I might drop it on all and see what problems arise, if any. I do get a lot of spam comments (medical products) on most of my non blogger blogs. These are mainly dealt with my the anti-spam system, though.

Thanks for your helpful comments and for putting up with the author moderation.

8:34 pm  
Blogger Rob Windstrel Watson said...

Final comment, hopefully.

Author moderation is gone on my humor site and I've decided on fishing off the pier instead of in the canal. I think the crabs make nore sense hunorously.

Again thanks for all your help, bikerbob.

9:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there, I discovered your site by means of Google at the same time as looking for a comparable matter, your website got
here up, it appears to be like good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

Hi there, just was alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is really
informative. I am going to be careful for brussels.
I will appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of other people
will probably be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

Also visit my web page ... Tory Burch Outlet

2:27 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

zhengjx20160420
ray ban sunglasses
retro 11
nike roshe run mens
jordan retro 13
ray ban sunglasses
coach factory outlet online
christian louboutin outlet
insanity workout
cheap ray ban sunglasses
air max
longchamp outlet
hollister clothing store
gucci bags
fitflop shoes
marc jacobs outlet
christian louboutin sale clearance
michael kors outlet clearance
louis vuitton
ray ban sunglasses uk
air jordan homme
adidas originals store
coach outlet
ray ban sunglasses
air jordan shoes
ray ban outlet
ugg outlet
abercrombie and fitch
michael kors outlet online
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
cheap uggs
ralph lauren
abercrombie outlet
michael kors bags
ray ban outlet
adidas uk
kobe shoes 11
cheap basketball shoes
toms wedges
oakley sunglasses

3:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home