Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Local (Devon) Classic Vehicle and Steam Rally.

We have just come back from Exeter R D & E Hospital visiting our Son Roy. Were pleased to say they have moved him out of the Intensive Care Unit. As far as the Pneumonia goes he is much much better and only needs a nasal Canula occasionally, they have removed all but two of his drips too (he had 7). The main problem though is there is still no feeling in the lower half of his body and of course Roy is starting to get very depressed about it. What can you say?...... the Drs are still saying they just dont know, so very worrying. Thank you all for your kind words and wishes.

So to occupy me for a while I have just put this blog together. Its about a Classic vehicle & Steam Rally at South Molton a fortnight ago. We managed to attend this on our Motorbikes too.
I'm afraid its not really one for you Ladies.
Below, Our friends Dave and Jean met us for the day, pictured here with Sue (left).
Please click on any picture to enlarge the detail.

A very nice 1940s-50s AJS, I'm not sure about the details though.
Below, a nice 1960s "Triumph" twin I'm not sure which model it is.
Below, This "Suzuki" a 1970s GT 750 watercooled triple was another real favourite of mine, I think I loved the fact it had 4 exhausts (even though it was a triple). It was one of the very few Two strokes that in my opinion sounded nice.
A nice example of a 1940s-50s "Triumph" twin.
Now then (below) what is it?, one of my criticisms of this show was the fact that not all the entries were listed in the programme.
Below, when I was very young the "Matchless" marque was the one for me, here is a nice 1950s model.
Below, A really lovely vintage "Scott"m'cycle here.
You certainly dont see many "James" still around but this was a good example (below).
I think this BSA was the 1970-80s 250cc Barracuda.
Below, This is a good example of a 1970s Honda 450cc, i think that this model was ahead of its time with a DOHC.
Below, one of the finest vintage machines on show this Early Douglas.

This bike is my all time favorite (below) a 1970s-80s Honda CBX 1,000 6 cylinder. I can but dream!!!!!.
Below, a fine 1980s Honda CX500 Custom, this bike uses the same engine as the one in my own bike.
A really nice model of the powerful Vincent HRD.
Below, another BSA, this was is in lovely condition too.
A lot more modern but still a classic this Yamaha 400cc (below).
Below, a fine example of a vintage BSA.
I really can't remember the make of this vintage bike but it says Triumph on one of the engine cases.
I did manage to take one car picture just to show it wasn't all bikes!!!!.
Below, Not quite sure what this set of Steam engines do but....they have loads of Plaques for shows visited.
This type of Steam powered engine, is used as a water pump there were several of these here,
This "John Deare" Tractor had only a single wheel at the front I had never seen one before and wasn't quite sure what the benefits might be.


Below, a little mini Tractor "done up" with decoration and hundreds of lights to amuse the kids.
This "John Deare" Tractor had double wheels at the front but ony inches apart (below), I had never seen one of these before either.
This picture shows an early Steam engine converted to a Logging Saw.
Couldn't resist putting our bikes in here too, after all they are now both classics.
Below, My 1979 Honda CX500Z, Lots of work done but lots more to do.
A closer picture of my "Zebedee", looking good.
This is Sue's "Baby", a 1981 Honda CM250T Custom.
This is Sue's baby again, (below), starting to get it looking right now.
For fairly obvious reasons there will be no Joke of the day.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Gday Bob, Sorry to hear Roy is in hospital.Maybe there touched a nerve in his spine and will take time to heal and get full use back.
Sending warm wishes across the sea to Roy for a full and speedy fecovery.. Take great care Bob and Sue, my thoughts are with you both...

5:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad loves steam engines! Not quite sure why... ;o)
Loved the pics and on Saturday I'm going to bring my dad on here to have a look at them too!
Thinking of you all. xx

8:30 pm  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Darn it - Ken has just gone to bed! I just loved looking at all those old bikes, Bob! They are in such great condition. I'll show Ken tomorrow; I know he will enjoy looking at them, and maybe even able to identify the mystery bikes.
He spent $600 on new waterproof riding gear today, so I guess I can assume he plans to keep riding into his old age, LOL!

2:29 pm  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Back again, next night. Ken very impressed with your photos! One of the first photos here of the Triumph you weren't sure of the model. Ken says it is a Bonnieville with a unit construction engine, cc 1962. Ken had the Trophy model.
He can't identify the mystery bike either.
The blue Triumph is a 1954 Sprung Hub, he thinks.
He was interested to see the photo of the Vincent. His sister's late husband was related to Phil Irving, one of the designers of the Vincent.

9:36 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Almost sure that the blue sprung hub Triumph is a 500cc Tiger 100. Had one back in 50's when I was a kid.....Happy days.

6:00 pm  
Blogger chenxin said...

0150725 chenxin
michael kors outlet online
chanel handbags
tory burch outlet
longchamp outlet
toms shoes outlet
ralph lauren uk
tory burch shoes
coach outlet online
chanel outlet
ralph lauren outlet
ray ban sunglass
jordan pas cher
prada outlet
cheap jordans
michael kors outlet
gucci
replica watches
gucci outlet
ray ban sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
nike air max
air max shoes
michael kors bag
oakley sunglasses
coach outlet online
michael kors outlet online
longchamp pas cher
michael kors uk
louis vuitton pas cher
cheap beats headphones
ralph lauren
ray ban uk
kate spade
toms shoes
mont blanc pen
burberry handbags
gucci outlet
louis vuitton
nike tn pas cher
jordan uk

2:43 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

2015826dongdong
jordan 4
toms outlet store
coach factory outlet
christian louboutin sale
oakley sunglasses
jordan pas cher homme
christian louboutin outlet
oakley sunglass
abercrombie
air jordans
ray-ban aviator
oakley sunglasses outlet
gucci shoes
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton
louis vuitton outlet
oakley sunglasses cheap
louis vuitton
coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet
coach factory outlet
abercrombie
hermes birkin bag
michael kors outlet online
tod's shoes
jordan 3
nike running shoes
jordan 4s
louis vuitton outlet
hermes
adidas originals shoes
toms outlet
coach outlet store online
michael kors
hollister clothing
caoch outlet
gucci outlet
air jordan 11
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton handbags

6:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home