Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS.

Tonight Sue and I went to Dawlish, this little town is only about four miles from Teignmouth. Every year here, a street named Coronation Avenue puts on a magnificent light show for charity, so we purposely went after it was dark, when we arrived we were just a little disappointed.This year there were probably about 8 or 10 less houses taking part, I know the local council had been giving some of the residents grief over these lights, so perhaps that put a few off, which, is a great shame. Here are a few of the good ones that remain.
DO CLICK ANY PHOTO TO ENLARGE.
I took about 4 or 5 video's but I'm afraid this blog would not accept them, very strange because it took one a fortnight ago!!!.
Above and below, these houses are next door to one another.
Because this is becoming so popular, it is quite difficult to get good shots because of parked and moving cars.
Above and below are both of the same house and is probably the best dressed of them all, but who the devil would want to pay the electricity bill. (Probably plugged direct into National grid).
I was going to post a picture or two of our lights but, after looking at these on here, I removed them. I will post pictures later because we like what we've done.
Joke of the day.
A distinguished young woman on a flight from Switzerland asked the Priest beside her,”Father, may I ask a favour?" "Of course. What may I do for you?"
"Well, I bought an expensive woman's electronic hair dryer for my mother's birthday. It is unopened and well over the Customs limits, and I'm afraid they'll confiscate it. Is there any way you could carry it through Customs for me? Under your robes perhaps?"
"Would love to help you, dear, but I must warn you -- I will not lie."
"With your honest face, Father, no one will question you.” When they got to Customs, she let the priest go ahead of her. The official asked, "Father, do you have anything to declare?” From the top of my head down to my waist, I have nothing to declare." The official thought this answer strange, so asked, "And what do you have to declare from your waist to the floor?" "I have a marvellous instrument designed to be used on a woman, but which is, to date, unused.
"Roaring with laughter, the official said, "Go ahead, Father. Next!"


8 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Jim, "Merry Christmas"
Wow theres A few big electricity bill comming..
Great Christmas light show,
Theres a lot of houses in my area that light up also the local Xmas shop runs a comp for the best decorated house, I must go out get some photo's but not tonight were having heavy rain "Yippee" ..

8:51 am  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Im Back, Sorry Bob Put Jim by mistake, My friend walked in as I went to comment and I typed his name,,

9:01 am  
Blogger Shammickite said...

Great night shots of the decorated houses. But I always wonder why our town council gives a money prize to the best and most elaborately decorated house every Christmas, but that seems to be encouraging people to squander energy, aren't be all being encouraged to cut down on our energy use? Global warming and climate change and all that stuff? Hmmmm....

3:02 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

BTW, I love the joke!!!

3:03 pm  
Blogger Haddock said...

A very merry Christmas to you and your family and have a very happy new year.

There is s village near us that 'lights' up for Christmas. But this year is the last it is being done. Maybe its do with the amount of electricity that is consumed.

8:19 pm  
Blogger Aiden said...

you should have kept the pics of your lights im sure theyre decently comparable to the ones there

11:58 am  
Blogger Xtreme English said...

beautiful lights, and typically British in my limited experience...that is, you folks over there often outline figures with lights. i remember the lights along the road by the sea coast in newcastle, i think, where every intersection had different nursery rhyme characters. i've lived in the city for more than 15 years, so i haven't really seen any serious christmas lighting on houses except when i visit my kids. it's very appealing.

8:07 am  
Blogger Shammickite said...

It's Christmas Day here in Canada, the sky is grey, and the sun is hiding behind the clouds. It's cold and there are remnants of last weeks snowstorm still on the ground, making it a rather muddy white Christmas. But it's a lovely day, and I wish you and your family all the best, and may 2008 be a good year for you.
ex-shammy

7:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home