Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Friday, February 08, 2008

FOURTY FOUR , YES 44 TODAY.

Yes thats right 44 FORTY FOUR years today Sue and I got married.I have attached most of last years post of our wedding day. Today we didnt do a lot, walked the sea front with a friend of ours. Then walked up Cliff walk (beautiful views), called into the ongoing workings of "Jasons Garden", then back down to cafe and a cuppa and a .....shh dont tell anybody a Bacon & egg butty. Tomorrow we are going for a meal (Probably a Chinese) then afterwards round to the "King's Arms" for a few drinks and hopefully a few good 60s-70 songs from Kennie too.
The next post will probably be a longish one, all about Jason's Garden here in Teignmouth. (Look it up on the internet). His brother and father have done wonders here.
Below, Again at our favourite sea front cafe, with Jamie a good friend of ours.

Wednesday, March 08, 2007

THROUGH THE YEARS. Part 6

In 1964 I married my then fiance Susan Emms and in 1965-6 we had our two children Pamela and Roy.I met Sue while we were both working at the Engineering works (Sue in the offices) of Maudsley Motor Co in Alcester Warks. These photo's of the wedding and reception are all we have left, as we lost a whole album full during one of our moves.

Below left, The early evening, just before the start of the stag night.
Seated Alan,Peter (best man) above Me and Sue.


6 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Congrulations Bob and Sue on 44 years of married life may you have many many years together, something very rare these days,,
Lovely wedding day photo's..

11:55 am  
Blogger Peggy said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I think I'll go have a bacon butty in celebration!

4:00 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

I'm just dropping off to congratulate you on the way to Peggy's to share the bacon butty. Hope it's good and greasy.
44 years, wow, that's wonderful, hope you are looking forward to the next 44!

4:57 pm  
Blogger bob mullen said...

Wow 44 congratulations folks hope you have the same again.

8:06 pm  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi all, Thanks for the comments and good wishes, I just wish this post had turned out how I wanted it. Blogger in its wisdom refused to allow me to post any more photo's, or to edit this post,sorry. Bob.

11:22 pm  
Blogger Dreamer said...

I found this blog as a result of Googling Maudsley Motor Company. Any chance either of you remembering Jack Aston who worked for the same company in the 60.We think his wife was the bosses daughter, Cecily or Celia. he was mums brother. Regards Anita

7:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home