Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

OUR MOTORCYCLE RALLY.

Last week we attended our Honda V twin Motorcycle Rally.This was held this year in Norfolk. Now Ladies i don't expect you are going to exactly enthuse over this blog, so I apologise but please indulge me. This Rally was club members only plus invited guests. It was held in a Camping field attached to the "Lighthouse Inn" at Walcott.Walcott is just a quarter of a mile from the coast roughly midway between Cromer and Great Yarmouth.
The pub itself prides itself on its food and is extremely busy especially at week ends. It also has a very warm cosy Restaurant with a large open wood fire. It also serves a good selection of Wines, Spirits, Beers (inc Real Ales) and Lagers. In the large grounds there is a huge Marquee that they use for large Functions, Weddings, live music, etc.This is the area we used on the Saturday evening for our entertainment and the Clubs Annual General meeting. The one thing that stood out for me was the fact that they didn't close the kitchen until 10.45, last food order at 10.30 around Devon most food outlets have last food orders at 9.00 or at the latest 9.30. Our club organisers did absolutely brilliantly and thought of everything, we had a Bar-B-Q/Hog roast, cooked Breakfast every morning and Jacket spuds with various fillings, they did us proud.To cook in tents for 115-120 people was brilliant.
There were around 80 Honda V Engined CX 500s Motorcycles at the rally, most of them looked really good as these photo's show. Below the gate to the field with the international flags flying and to the left the life saver room "the Tea tent" !!! where Tea was served 16-17 hours a day.
Please Click on any Picture to enlarge it.
This picture of our Trailer Tent below was taken on the Thursday evening before most of the members arrived.
Friday lunch time (below) and around 1/2 of the members had turned up.The Cooking tent is the pale one on the right, the Dark two are the dining/sitting ones.
We were so lucky the first two days with breezy but dry weather. The over 60s rider of this lovely machine had come 275 miles to get here.
Below, this model is known as an E or Eurosport edition and a very tidy one to.
The Black one pictured here is a Variant called a C or Custom model.
This Club celebrated its 30th anniversary this year, so a very nice cake was commissioned especially.
Below is the Club Badge and advert.
Here in the UK Club we have around 450 members, who probably own about 630 complete roadworthy models of this bike.Clubs exist in most European Countries and even in the States and Australia.It would be very interesting to find out how many of these bikes are running worldwide.
Joke of the day.
Muldoon lived alone in the Irish countryside with only a pet dog for company.
One day the dog died, and Muldoon went to the parish priest and asked, "Father, my dog is dead.
Could ya' be saying' a mass for the poor creature?" Father Patrick replied, "I'm afraid not; we cannot have services for an animal in the church.
But there are some Baptists down the lane and there's no tellin' what they believe, Maybe they'll do something for the poor creature.
" Muldoon said, "I'll go right away Father. Do ya 'think £5,000 is enough to donate to them for the service?" Father Patrick exclaimed, "Sweet Mary, Mother of Jesus! Why didn't ya tell me the dog was Catholic?

8 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:43 am  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Gday Bob, I enlarged all the photo's for a good look and can see you sitting very relaxed in front of your camper. looks like a great time was going to be had by all.. your Joke gave me quite a laugh...

7:45 am  
Blogger Gwen said...

Hi Bob.
Great pics you took at the rally,
who's the old fella sitting outside
the tent?.
I have mate's who ride Harley's and belong to a club,as a matter of fact Wendy was saying they are getting their bikes ready to ship to the U.S.A for some rally over there.
It sure looked like you enjoyed the rally see you soon,stay well & say hi to Sue

2:33 am  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Bob ~~ Great post about your Honda meet. My son (54) is a member of the Ulysses Club in Victoria, Aust. Their motto is to "grow old disgracefully" and they take toys to hospitals at Christmas etc.He is also in a Far Rider's group. He has a G T R bike.
They have a meet in different places and each member has to ride 1000 kms. Once they held it in one member's home town and he had to ride 5oo kms away and back to qualify. I am always glad when he gets home and rings me.
Thanks for your comment and I always give credit to the ppl who send me jokes. Take care, with best wishes, Merle.

2:39 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi Bob,
I am delighted to see the other three comments here from fellow Aussies!! (G'day girls). I've finally caught up with your recent activities, and for an old guy and gal, you and Sue sure pack a lot into retirement! I hope Ken and I can do the same when we finally quit work for good. Those Hondas look great; I'll have to get a new pic of Ken's VF750 Honda that he has just had fixed up. It's now officially 'vintage' I think - 1983 model, 25 years old now.
You asked what an opshop is - and you were right - they are called thrift shops in the USA, so I guess each country has their own name for them.

1:11 pm  
Blogger Martin Stickland said...

What a great bash bob! Looks like you had fun

May see you at the Combe Martin strawberry fair today ... lashings of thick cream!

7:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For all I love looking at bikes and I dream of riding off on the back of a Harley with the wind in my hair, I must admit the thought of going back to Norfolk got me more excited. A little off topic but we had the best family holiday on the Broads. We had moored up (hark at me!) for the night and my daughter, who had been repeatedly told to wear her life jacket on the deck, was wandering around the deck, feeding the ducks and swans and generally having a good time. A few minutes passed and I realised she was 'missing'. I stoo up quickly to find her hanging from the boat railings, for dear life, her feet skimming the top of the water. She was so afraid of getting wrong for not wearing her lifejacket she thought she had better notlet on that she had fallen off! It wasn't funny at the time but my , we do roar about it now!
Lovely blog Bob and a great memory trigger! :o)

8:49 pm  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

yeezy
retro jordans
kyrie 6
kd 12
adidas yeezy
kd12
yeezy supply
kawhi leonard shoes
off white jordan 1
golden goose outlet

7:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home