Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A WEEKEND AWAY.

As the few of you out there who regularly read this blog probably know, we bought an old trailer tent a couple of months ago. So after quite a few repairs, waterproofing and fine adjustments we were ready for a trial. Next month we are hoping to be able to go to the CX500 (Motorcycle) Rally which this year is held in Walcott, Norfolk. So, as its 300+ miles (480+ kms) away, we thought a local trial run would be the order of the day. After browsing loads of local campsites we decided on "Cofton Country" between Dawlish and Starcross here in South Devon. This site is only around 6 miles from us and has 5 fishing lakes, a pub with regular live entertainment, a restaurant, a well stocked shop, a swimming pool, a chip shop etc etc, all set in 85 acres of open Devon Countryside. A picture of the the camping area (borrowed from their brochure) is shown below.More information is available here http://www.coftonholidays.co.uk/about/.
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
This picture here is of the heated outdoor swimming pool, alongside is the shallow kiddies paddling pool,they are both supervised by a lifeguard at all times, this allows for family peace of mind. The building shown is the main reception area, shop, pub, restaurant, toilets etc.
The picture below shows just how close its possible to locate a caravan/awning or trailer tent to the 5 lakes.
Here is the tent up and ready to go, notice the hard standing, this is made up of old road Tarmac ground up and is an ideal base as strong pegs can still be used.
Sue couldn't resist a quick picture of me as I'm unsuspecting and looking the other way.You can see on this picture the pegs have a healthy gap in between each one.
This was taken just after getting up on the first morning, it shows the beds either side and the centre table with my night breathing gear. Under the table is a fully fused box which connects to the mains and has three outlets.
This picture shows the large windows and curtains that Sue made. Rod bags are on the floor behind the table, the groundsheet (we guessed the size) was just about a foot short all round.
This was, as the picture shows the kitchen area, we also had a fridge (on the left)+ an electric kettle and a Toaster, all mod cons eh. In the bottom left hand corner is my oxygen making machine (called a concentrator). The camp site is family run and has been since it opened 20 or more years ago, this shows with the thought put into it.The owners and family are regularly seen working around the site and shop.Their are three sets of showers/toilet/ blocks and two extra sets of toilets plus 5 chemical disposal points around the site, each of these has an outdoor (under cover) utensil washing area. As well as Camping it also has both Static and touring van areas. Also available are all year seasonal caravan pitches, holiday chalets and cottages too. The five Coarse fishing lakes contain quite a mixed head of fish and fished reasonably well both days we fished, my only very minor criticism would be about children running, shouting, riding scooters etc around the fishing lakes, (I did not get out my £300 pole for fear of it being trodden on) but I know this is very difficult to police I appreciate that.
As far as cleanliness and friendliness goes this site is second to none, staff put themselves out for each and everyone who come here. Me being disabled they asked if we needed any assistance of any sort and told me to sort out a peg area that suited us.
All in all this is a superb family site that both Sue and I would highly recommend to anyone without question, in fact, we will be back. Last but not least I thought the tarrifs were very very reasonable, with reductions for pensioners /disabled too.
For some reason known only to blogger, it refuses to allow me to put any text or joke of the day below this picture, so my apologies.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Gday Bob, Wow that looks a very nice holiday spot, Ideal so close to home for a trial run, and love your tent set up.
Im sharing good news on my blog..hope you can pop over and see my good news..

2:42 pm  
Blogger Peggy said...

That looks like so much fun! The new trailer tent looks fab!

2:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm definitely enjoying
your blog and look forward to new updates.

Also visit my blog - more

8:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What i do not understood is in truth how you're not really a lot more well-liked than you may be now. You are very intelligent. You understand therefore significantly in the case of this matter, made me for my part imagine it from a lot of numerous angles. Its like women and men are not involved until it is something to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs great. At all times take care of it up!

my weblog Going Here

9:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home