Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

THE OTHER SIDE.

On the opposite side of the Teign estuary lies our sister village Shaldon. From Teignmouth you can cross either by the small passenger ferry that regularly makes the crossing (weather permitting), or by the road bridge. This was originally built in 1827 of wood, it was 1,671ft long and had 34 wooden arches, when built it was the longest in Britain. At the Teignmouth end there was a section which lifted to allow "Tall ships" through, for many years it was a "Toll bridge".
Today Sue and I had to go to Torquay to run an errand for some friends, on the return we decided to stop in at the lovely Shaldon Botanical gardens. These gardens have some really nice plants and lots of beautifull trees, the views from this elevated position are wonderfull, especially in Spring before all the foliage gets on the trees.The following pictures were either taken in the gardens or from the "Pitch and Putt" golf course that lies above it.
Above, this picture was taken high in the park and shows Teignmouth, the docks and Shaldon bridge.
Above, this view of the "Front and back beachs", Pier, point car park and the spit of land at the mouth of the river we call "the point".
Above again taken high up, this one of what we call the river beach.
Above, This lovely picture just about takes it all in, front and back beaches, the Pier, the church and in the distance is the what we locals call "The Parson & Clerk" this is a rock formation jutting out to sea just off Holcombe and midway between Teignmouth and Dawlish.
Above a much closer view of the front beach and Pier.


Finally this picture is of a building in the "Botanical garden", as yet I have found out very little of the history surrounding this folly, but it is now ready for a little TLC.

JOKE OF THE DAY.
THE GAY FLIGHT ATTENDANT

My flight was being served by an obviously gay flight attendant, who seemed to put everyone in a good mood as he served us food and drinks.
As the plane prepared to descend, he came swishing down the aisle and told us that "Captain Marvey has asked me to announce that he'll be landing the big scary plane shortly, so lovely people, if you could just put your trays up and belts on, that would be super."
On his trip back up the aisle, he noticed this well-dressed and rather Arabic looking woman hadn't moved a muscle. "Perhaps you didn't hear me over those big brute engines but I asked you to raise your trazy-poo, so that the main man can pitty-pat us down on the ground."
She calmly turned her head and said, "In my country, I am called a Princess and I take orders from no one."
To which (I swear) the flight attendant replied, without missing a beat, "Well, sweet-cheeks, in my country I'm called a Queen, so I outrank YOU
Tray-up, Bitch !!!!.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob no wonder you & Sue are so cheerful, you live in a splendid place. Fran

10:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home