MOOR (more) DARTMOOR.
To start we headed up through Ashburton on to the moor stopping off at "Buckland in the Moor", this is a real picture postcard village and an extremely expensive place to buy property (what little there is), we stopped to take a few photo's. After this we carried on up just meandering around taking more photo's.
Above, We stopped on the way home at a convenient little mobile Tea/coffee/ice cream van and had a cuppa. Sue just crossing the road after photographing Dartmoor Ponies.
Above, The frost was only just going off this sheltered bank at 3.00 pm, this shows a typical moor stream.
Above, A remote farm midway between "Widdecombe" and "Buckland", note the pony taking an interest in us.
Above, this beautifull little thatched roadside cottage just begged to be photographed, probably for the millionth time. It is one of three I took in "Buckland" itself, I liked all three so much I cant decide which to use on my desktop?.
Above, how lovely, quiet, quaint, can this Hamlet be, shame about the car though.(one more of the three, the best one I'm Saving for another blog) this is again in Buckland.
Joke of the Day.
After months of cold and rainy weather, we are finally coming up to summer
and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the
etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity, as it's the only type of
cooking a 'real' man will do, probably because there is an element of danger
When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat f or cooking, places it on a tray along with
the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is
lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
Here comes the important part:
(4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
(5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks
her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the
(7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
(8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces,
and brings them to the table.
(9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all:
10) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
(11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off." And, upon
seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some