Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Monday, November 17, 2008

WATER.

This blog is the first I have done for a few weeks due to a family bereavement. We are just about starting to get every thing back together again. So for anyone who has has borne with me and no blogs recently this one is for you. Its content is about water, we love water, whether that be Sea, Lake, River or stream we have a fascination for it. In my Computer picture section I have over 1200 images and I bet 140-150 of those contain shots with water in them.Please bear with me if the text attached to these pictures isn't 100% accurate as I did not always keep notes on them.
Please do click on any picture to enlarge it.
This one of Autumn is from Dartmoor.
The picture below was taken this year from the middle road bridge at Lynmouth.
This one below was again Lynmouth, this time taken looking up the river Lyn from the village.
Below a tiny summer stream, taken on the road up from "Buckland in the moor", last Autumn.
This picture below was taken if my memory serves me correctly in "Lorna Doone" country, ("Doone Valley").
The picture below was also taken on a ride into the "Doone Valley" showing a lovely old Forde, which was originally the only road.
This beautiful part of Dartmoor is a favourite motorbike ride haunt of ours (below),we spend many happy hours here in the peace and quiet of the stream, a cuppa and a sarnie our jackets to sit on, a book to read, what more could you wish for.The bridge is situated on Exmoor close to the village of "Withypool.
Below, this is the first of two taken at Dartmeet which lies on the road down to Lynton & Lynmouth.
Ourselves and some friends did the walk from here following the River Lyn down into Lynmouth, it was done as a blog earlier this year" Watersmeet Revisited".
I do hope i havn't bored you with these photographs, i hope soon to do a blog on the great Lynmouth overland lifeboat rescue.
Joke of the day.

Morris returns from the doctor and tells his wife
that the doctor has told him that he has only 24 hours to live.
Given the prognosis, Morris asks his wife for sex.Naturally, she agrees, so they make love.
About 6 hours later, the husband goes to his wife and says,"Honey, you know I now have only 18 hours to live.
Could we please do it one more time?"
Of course, the wife agrees, and they do it again.
Later, as the man gets into bed, he looks at his watch and realizes that he now has only 8 hours left He touches his wife's shoulder and asks,
"Honey, please... just one more time before I die."She says, "Of course, Dear," and they make love for the third time.
After this session, the wife rolls over and falls to sleep.
Morris, however, worried about his impending death, tosses and turns, until he's down to 4 more hours.He taps his wife, who rouses. "Honey, I have only 4 more hours. Do you think we could...".. At this point the wife sits bolt up and says,

"Now listen Morris, I do have to get up in the morning...... you don't."


11 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Bob ~~ I love all your photos and water always looks great in pictures (and for real) Thank you for your comment about my good report from doctor's tests. I don't know if I want to go on to 100, but I want to go on for quite a while.. Take care, Regards
to you and Sue. Merle.

10:15 am  
Blogger Patty said...

Good afternoon, sorry to hear about your family going through a bereavement. It can be hard. I lost my nephew on Oct. 18, he had just turned 43, truck accident which was not his fault.

I want to thank you for the jokes you and your wife have sent me and also for stopping by my blog.

9:08 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

Lovely pictures, Bob. I love the rivers and streams on Exmoor. I've picniced by the Lorna Doone bridge, and is that ford in Malmsmeade?
It's time I visted my old haunts again, I was in England this summer but didn't get as far west as Devon.

12:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do have some nice stream photographs. Thanks for visiting my blog.

10:42 am  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Gday Bob,Beautifil Photo's, I love them all but if I had to Pick one it would be the 1st one with the trees reflecting in the water, I find water very calming to just sit and listen to the trinkling of a fountian in a pond or a water moving in a stream...
Take time to heal.
Bob & Sue . Regards Jen

10:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bob, Hi Sue,
Wow, Water always seems so serene to me, even at High Force in winter... I still find it calming.
I love your photographs, every one of them has something very special about it.
I have a couple of great pics of my daughter and I sat on the old Clapper Bridge at Dartmouth, dangling our feet as the water trickles benouth our dangly legs. (Always brings a smile to my face)
xx

4:16 pm  
Blogger Angie Ledbetter said...

Thanks for the lovely photographic stroll I had with my morning coffee. Sympathies to the family on your loss.

5:58 pm  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi Bob and Sue,
Your photos are absolutely stunning, but how could anyone go wrong with that scenery? I have several friends (Aussies) who keep going back to England for holidays because they reckon there is so much to see and do there.
When I look at your photos (and those on other Pommy blogs) I can understand why they keep returning!

12:15 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

oakley sunglasses wholesale
nfl jerseys
prada outlet
burberry sale
toms shoes
oakley
fendi handbags
jordan 8 playoffs
www.louisvuitton.com
louis vuitton handbags
coach outlet
abercrombie store
true religion jeans
ray ban eyeglasses
imitation watches
mulberry uk
p90x
cheap jordans
louis vuitton handbags
dior outlet
coach canada outlet
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors
jordan 13s
cheap jordans
ray ban sunglasses
cheap nfl jerseys
20150608yuanyuan

6:15 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

shijun 7.18
gucci outlet online
chanel handbags
toms shoes
timberland outlet
coach outlet
ralph lauren outlet
louis vuitton
celine bag
jeremy scott adidas
mulberry bags
ray ban aviators
fake watches
louis vuitton outlet
nike air jordan pas cher
louis vuitton
michael kors uk
jordan 6 retro
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton uk outlet
louis vuitton handbags
fitflops outlet
abercrombie
michael kors outlet
concord 11
coach outlet
chanel outlet online
ray ban glasses
cheap jerseys wholesale
adidas wings
abercrombie store new york
jordan retro 5
louis vuitton handbags
jordan shoes
coach outlet online
cheap chanel handbags
nike air max
louis vuitton
michael kors handbags
coach outlet

1:32 am  
Blogger Christian said...

I can only express a word of thanks. Because with the content on this blog I can add knowledge I, thank has been sharing this information. Do not forget to visit our website to share information and knowledge about health.|
Cara Mengobati rhinitis |
Cara menghilangkan buras di wajah |
cara mengobati lentigo |
cara mengobati paratifus

7:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home