Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

BABBACOMBE MODEL VILLAGE. (Part 2)

This is part 2 of the Babbacombe Model Village blog, as described in part 1 this is an amazing place. Most of the images we show here would easily pass as real homes, towns, villages. The picture below shows a big house with an old Camper Van in the drive.
In the picture below you can imagine a small remote village, in maybe the 15th or 16th century, with the stage just pulling in for its last stop and rest over.
This picture (below) shows the stage Coach nearing the end of its long hard journey, horses pulling at the bit as they enter the village.
Below, a Snow bound, tree lined town street. The Town is fully lit and made to resemble (very well) Piccadilly Circus, its one of several from different angles.
Below, again a lovely Winter Hamlet scene this could be a copy of just about anywhere in Great Britain during wintry weather.
This is the first (below) of 4, of a good night time view of what looks just like Picadilly Circus.
The way these Signs flash just like the real Picadilly Circus is amazing.
All these were taken from a slightly different angle, so show different shops.
This one below is the last of Londons Picadilly. I do hope they get paid well for allowing these Advertisers to post here, its a really good advert and gets photographed thousands of times a year.
This is a model of the village Inn, aptly named "The Way Inn" and has inside tables, chairs, pool table, bar and lots of model people.
Lastly but not least we have the local "Manor"peeping out from among the trees.
This ends part two of this blog. I expect one or two of you will be getting a bit bored with it by now,but I'm afraid there will be a third. The third and final part will be about what I call "Toy Town", this part of the village is not snow covered , so to me it isn't quite as good, perhaps you may disagree, I will post it soon.
Joke of the Day.
Head and Shoulders.
A blonde and a brunette both board an elevator and push the buttons for their respective floors. As the elevator reaches the next floor, the door opens and a businessman wearing a black suit boards the elevator. Its evident that the man has a dandruff problem because it can be seen on the shoulders of his suit.
Two floors later the man gets out, and the two women remain. When the door closes the brunette says, "Someone should give that guy some Head & Shoulders".
The blonde then responds, "How the hell do you give shoulders?"

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you are going to think I am a bit stupid but my husband says we have been to Babbacombe! After a loooooong conversation whereby he took the time to remind me. (You know, the day you laddered your stockings on the fence...lol, not really but you know what I mean!) See... I had a feeling that I had. It was really lovely, we went in the October I think and it was a great day.
Not bored... once my memory starts working it's quite fun reading this knowing I've been. (It's my age!)

11:15 am  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I didn't know this model village existed! Thanks for showing the photographs it looks fabulous.

Tell me when is Lassie on the telly? I've scoured the TV guide and I can't find it! :(

6:30 pm  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi, Akelamalu its Christmas day on Ch4 at 1.15 pm.
Bob.

9:14 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

That's a gorgeous model village! You don't say if it's outside or inside.

10:29 pm  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi,
Firstly Merry Christmas to you all.
Daffy,Dont talk to us about memory, can't remember my name some days.
Akelamalu, Hope you and your handkerchief enjoyed Lassie.
Shammickite,
Its all outside, probably 250 mtrs long by 100 mtrs wide.
Bob.

11:23 am  
Blogger Gina E. said...

I have a million questions, but Shamm. has just asked one for me. So that means the snow was real snow on all those models? It is absolutely sensational, and your(Sue's) photos are great as usual. Is there a website about this village? Don't answer that - I'll google it.
Hope you have/had a lovely Christmas Day!

12:06 pm  
Blogger Martin Stickland said...

Hi Bob and Sue!!!

A happy crimbo to you both and I hope you have a sooper dooper new year!!!

All our love

The Sticklands

1:23 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

replica handbags, true religion jeans, longchamp, ralph lauren uk, nike blazer, nike roshe run, burberry, north face, louboutin pas cher, mulberry, hermes, michael kors, timberland, lacoste pas cher, true religion jeans, nike free, sac longchamp, nike air max, true religion jeans, true religion outlet, hogan, air force, hollister, lululemon, coach purses, nike roshe, ralph lauren pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, longchamp pas cher, oakley pas cher, nike trainers, ray ban pas cher, michael kors, air max, nike huarache, air jordan pas cher, converse pas cher, new balance pas cher, coach outlet, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, vans pas cher, nike air max, michael kors, nike free run uk, nike air max, north face, tn pas cher, sac guess, vanessa bruno, michael kors

6:13 am  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

ecco outlet
nike shoes
ugg boots
cheap ray ban sunglasses
jordan shoes
michael kors bags
louboutin shoes
cheap jordan shoes
michael kors bags
rolex watches
2017.8.1

6:19 am  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

michael kors outlet
polo ralph lauren
nike free run
kobe 9
versace jeans
coach outlet store
ray ban sunglasses
adidas nmd
converse trainers
nike shoes

12:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home