Nature day out.
1. So here we go this first picture is of the pack lead male "Meerkat" doing the classic look out duty.
2. There are quite a pack? of "Meerkats" here, they are just so lovable and cute, we spent ages watching and taking pictures.
3. Isn't this picture just crying out for a caption, so lets have some please. "Where is it I'm looking but cant see anything".
4. Isn't this Maned Wolf so photogenic and adorable looking?. He/she doesn't look so cute standing up he/she is a bit lean and gangly then, but don't tell them I said so I don't want to hurt his/her pride/
5. Naughty me threw a stone into the long grass by its side, like lightening it immediately was looking to see what made the grass move, looking for a mouse or whatever I suppose.
6. Now then what have we here?, some sort of hairy Monkey with the look of a Pekingese about it.
7. This I think was some sort of "Long eared Fox" if I remember rightly?.
8. Real good lookers this pair of "Cheetah's", the only trouble this is the only shot we could get with either of them looking in our direction.
9. These I think were "Ring Tailed Lemurs", there were quite a few of these here.
10. These"Otters" just wouldn't stay still, we followed them around their enclosure for ages trying to get them still for a picture but to no avail.
11. Now then "Otters" a pack? a tribe? you tell me.
12. A pair of I think N American "Short Eared Owls", If Abe of http://brookvilledailyphoto.blogspot.com/ reads this I'm sure he will know. Anyone wanting to see wildlife photography then look no farther than here, amazing shots from someone with a very famous heritage.
13. Now then what have we here? an Australian Rugby team perhaps, there is quite a big very tame herd? here.
14. Now i am sure someone (especially Abe) will tell me what this beautiful bird is.
15. This big bird is ugly but its youngster is even uglier, certainly not in the league of looks against the previous one. I'm fairly sure it was sort of "Hornbill".
16. This one isn't the best photo so that makes it difficult, looking at it I would say some sort of "Buzzard" or "Eagle" perhaps?.
17. These we didn't actually photograph in the flesh, we took these off pictures posted around the Zoo.
18. Again this lovely lady was taken from a zoo picture, although we did take our own but at a distance and through thick vegetation so were poor. Apparently "Lady" is one of only two Females of the Species capable of breeding in the UK.
Overall a very enjoyable day for anyone holidaying in the area. During the summer months a guided tour starts every hour explaining all about the Animals and Birds and their breeding programme.
Joke of the day.
A hiker gets lost in the woods and spends the next three days wandering around with no food, finally he comes around a tree and spots a Bald Eagle asleep in its branches.He creeps up and throws a rock killing it,Immediately he sets abut eating it raw.A park ranger stumbles on the scene and arrests the hiker for killing an endangered species.
In court the hiker explains that he was on the edge of starvation and had no choice.
“Well, your honor,” the hiker says, “it tasted like a cross between a whooping crane and a spotted owl.”