Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

THROUGH THE YEARS 1






CLICK ON ANY PHOTO TO ENLARGE.
A few photo's from my past to start off.
1 My Mum and Uncle gell as teenagers
2 Mum holding me, just a few weeks old.
3 My grandad(Alf)in the early 1940s, driving an International stores delivery van.Are they still going?.
4 My Nan (Olive) and Grandad(Alf ) with me about 8 yrs old on a day trip to Weston Super Mud sorry Mare.
5 Nan and Grandad in about 1940-1943.
6 My Grandad with my Mum as a baby in 1926.

I'm now getting to the age where these times and photo's need storing, future family members can check these out at any time, then it will save them the bother i've had finding the past. The next blog will contain the few photo's I have of my Father. I'm afraid I know little or nothing about him,which is a little awkward when you get Medical questions on your family history.Enough thats another blog. Carrying on from the last blog ,during my early years my Gran never had the best of health,she suffered with chest problems all her life,but she would insist on carrying on smoking.This I'm sure is what shortened her life considerably. Gran had relatives in Marlborough(Wilts) at least 1 sister Doreen and husband Fred Chandler. Also I'm almost sure her mother was alive when I was very small ,She lived in a lovely little village called Aldebourne (Wilts),Where there were other relatives who we visited regularly, but I'm not sure now, how they were related to us .I remember them as Auntie Doris and Uncle Percey and they had an adopted son called John.I know U Perce worked at a small local horse racing stable so eventually did Johnny.Grans sister lived in Marleborough until she died, she also had another daughter Eileen, who I remember was married to Uncle Cal Doby,they had 4 boys I have forgotten all their names, two I think were Robin, Kenny.All this family moved about 24 yrs ago to Swindon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aiden said...

Bob these phot are brilliant, u certanly have done well, u don't need my help on these things anymore!

11:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from Brookville, Ohio where the snow is deep and the temperature is now -17 C this morning. I enjoyed the photos and the explanation of them. It seems your mom was right there in the middle of WWII? Wow. Tough to raise a child in war conditions let alone in peaceful ones.

11:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home