Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Friday, August 22, 2008


A couple of week ends ago Sue and I decided to ride our bikes the 40 miles or so to the annual bike meet in Crediton.This event has been staged by the owner of the "Rose & Crown"and the local MCC clubs every year for the past few years, it is all done for the charity the Air ambulance.The event itself takes place in a large field adjoining the pub, this year there were 3 large tents which housed the two live groups, a Bar-b-Q tent, and one with seating for spectators.Bike riders can enter their machines in different groups for prizes ie best pre 1960, best Trike etc.All riders are charged £2 entry on the gate for their bikes, spectators £1.It was very well organised and the weather was kind.The bike turnout topped 200 and included British BSA's, Matchless'es, Norton's, Triumph's etc, also Japanese bikes of all ages including Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki plus a sprinkling of Ducati's, Jawa's, Laverda's and a fair few American Harleys too.All in all a good day and one for the calendar next year.
We had arranged to meet a couple of members of our own Honda CX-GL MCC while we where there, it was nice to see them again.
Below the pub "The Rose & Crown".
Click on any picture to enlarge it.

Below, this view shows the good show of bikes and crowds.
This is a shot of our club members Myself,Pete, Dave and ( new member)Ian.
Below, Dave's nice 1980s Turbo charged V twin, this was one of the pioneers of bike turbo's back then.
A very tidy "Matchless" twin and a "Norton" in behind.
Below this home made trike was massive and well built, but only had two seats. I'm not sure what the engine in it was though.
Below, Drool, Drool, this is (and always was) my dream, a Honda six cylinder 1,000 cc CBX,this one is in really fine condition,oh if only I could win the lottery!!!.
Below, The Classic Triumph 750 triple (3 cylinders) in mint condition too.
Below, another of my Favourites the Suzuki 750 three cylinder.
A fine conditioned BSA of probably the 50s vintage.
So next year we hope you will all turn up to swell the coffers of this worthy charity.
Joke of the day.

The Facecloth
This has to be read, laughed at and passed on. There is not a woman alive today who won't crack up over this!
I was due for a smear with the doctor later in the week. Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor's office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am. The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have any time to spare.
As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the
full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pyjamas, wet the facecloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash
in that area to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the
facecloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.
I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in.Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked
over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away. I was a little surprised when the doctor said, 'My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven't we?' I didn't respond.
After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal - some shopping, cleaning, & cooking.
After school when my 7 year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, 'Mummy, where's my facecloth?'I told her to get another one from the cupboard.
She replied, 'No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter saved inside it.'
NEVER am i going back to that doctor ever!!


Blogger Aiden said...

looks like you've hyad a good time bob, and the weather held for you

7:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home