Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Shammick Carnival & Barrow race.

This blog is all about the festivities in Combe Martin. The Carnival and the Wheel barrow race. These events took place on consecutive nights, these pictures are from both events. I'm afraid the pictures are nowhere near as good as last years, this was because on the night Sue's Camera decided to play up.
Below, Combe Martins very own tame Martians.

This is the local pipe band, they were quite good too.
Below "Shrek" and his Donkeys.
Below 50s style Girls singing and dancing to the "Juke box"in the mobile "Cafe".
Below a youth Drum band "on the March".
The Float below was 1960s style ban the bomb brigade with all their flower power gear.
This is one of "Tom Cobleys Men" on their hobby horse, close up below.
This team of "Tom Cobleys" men on their Eqestrian horse must have taken a long time to build, i've got a feeling it was in last year too.
Below this Team with their White horse barrow I never quite got but it was well done.
Below, we knew we were out in the sticks but "Indian Sqaws" and camp "Tepee" !!!!.
No race below would be complete without "Del & Rodney" would it.

All in all a good couple of nights, the rain virtually held off, only a few spots during both events.

Joke of the day.
KEVIN RUDD was visiting a primary school and he visited
one of the classes.
They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.
The teacher asked the Mr. RUDD if he would like to
lead the discussion on the word "tragedy".
So the illustrious leader asked the class for an example of a "tragedy".
a little boy stood up and offered: "If my best friend, who lives on a farm,
is playing in the field & a tractor runs over him and kills him, that would be a "tragedy."
No," said RUDD" that would be an accident."
A little girl raised her hand: "If a school bus carrying fifty children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy"
"I'm afraid not," explained MR. RUDD" that's what we would call great loss"
The room went silent. No other children volunteered. RUDD searched the room.
"Isn't there someone here who can give me an
example of a tragedy?"
Finally, at the back of the room, little Johnny raised his hand...In a quiet voice he said: "If A plane carrying you and Mrs. RUDD
was struck by a "friendly fire" missile & blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy."
"Fantastic!" exclaimed RUDD. "That's right. And can you tell me why that would be tragedy?"
"Well," says little Johnny "it has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss and it probably wouldn't be a
f***ing accident either!"
.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to see the effort put into a carnival and it shows here that there has been lots! Your pics are fantastic. I can't remember the last good carnival I went too. (I was once the carnival queen of my little mining village I hail from. 'Twas a proud day! oh, and I met the local News reader!)
I love the photographs Bob, especially Shrek! Brilliant.

8:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home