Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

MY STRATFORD UPON AVON.

Please click on any picture to enlarge it.





This blog is all about my birth place Stratford upon Avon. Firstly if you have never been,then you should go(especially in the summer) for a day or preferably a week end. There is just so much to see and do all around the area,there is Anne Hathaway's Cottage, Shakespeare's birth place,Mary Arden's house,and last but not least The Royal Shakespeare Theatre.The gardens and local area can be really beautiful as can the small villages that surround it.Also around Stratford are beautiful Churches, Granges Almeshouses,Hamlets, Olde world Pubs,Lovely thatched Cottages and gardens. Did You realise that you knew some Shakespeare,no,well what about "Breaking the Ice", "Hotblooded", "All that glitters is not gold", "There's method in his madness" all quotes written by the Bard.My own birthplace is the lovely village of Shottery,this is just a mile from the centre of Stratford.The village is full of character houses including lots of thatched ones.I actually lived 500 yds(Metres) from the world famous Anne Hathaway's Cottage and eventually got fed up with foreign visitors everywhere.Pictures here are,top left/rightAnne Hathaways, Second row left, cottages at the top of Post Office Road. Second row right,thatched terraced cottages in Tavern Lane. Bottom left my School Shottery C of E (right opposite where I lived).Bottom right another view of Anne Hathaways Cottage.

4 Comments:

Blogger Martin Stickland said...

Brings back memories Bob. I remember one summer when I had a business meeting there which was cancelled when I got to the client so instead 'cold calling' or going home I skived off for a couple of hours and went to Anne Hathaway's Cottage. All the stresses of work just drifted away as I walked around such a lovely place on a nice summer’s day.

8:38 am  
Blogger Rebekah Smith said...

What a wonderful way to grow up...so much history at your doorstep.

11:35 am  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi Martin,I lived a few hundred yds from Annies place for 37 years.A lovely place to be on a sunny summers day,a beautiful little village.
Rebekah,thank you for the visit, Its always nice to see a new face on my site.

7:35 pm  
Blogger oakleyses said...

sac hermes, replica handbags, lululemon canada, true religion jeans, coach purses, nike air max uk, air max, michael kors pas cher, guess pas cher, true religion outlet, converse pas cher, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike tn, true religion outlet, polo lacoste, north face uk, kate spade, new balance, ray ban pas cher, nike free run, nike air max uk, coach outlet, michael kors, michael kors outlet, vans pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, nike roshe, north face, jordan pas cher, mulberry uk, burberry pas cher, sac longchamp pas cher, hollister uk, nike free uk, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, hogan outlet, nike air force, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, nike roshe run uk, louboutin pas cher, coach outlet store online, nike air max, oakley pas cher, polo ralph lauren, timberland pas cher, longchamp pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet

12:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home