Great Dorset Steam Fair, Haulage.
Perhaps i should mention here the main downsites to this event, it is the Toilets, there are hundreds of "Porta Loo's"dotted all around the Fair and to be honest the firm that the fair, hire these "Loo's" from do there best to keep them emptied. As far as clean though this they are definately NOT. The firm has a tanker going around emptying these 17 hrs a day but they do not clean them while emptying them. As you can imagine with a daily figure of around 40,000 to 50,000 people using them its virtually impossible. Toward the end of the day these "emptiers" do put a hose into each Loo, spraying Disinfected water everywhere which then takes hours to dry. By evening finding one with paper is like finding "Rocking Horse Poo" only harder.We, when going out (particularly at night) carried a small Rucksack each, these contained a Torch as its pitch dark inside them at night. A small mist sprayer loaded with Disinfectant, to clean. A Kitchen roll to dry and wipe, and a Toilet roll. We had disscussions about these Toilets with several people but never came up with a viable option, (but we will be back next year).
So back to the fair, here we have a series of Pictures of just a few of the hundreds of Lorries, Vans, Buses etc.
To end this blog i will say that my next one will be all about the Fair at night.
Joke of the Day.
Love making tips for real oldies.
1 Wear your glasses. Make sure your partner is actually in the bed.
2. Set timer for 3 minutes, in case you doze off in the middle
3. Set the mood with lighting. (Turn them ALL OFF!)
4. Make sure you put 911 on your speed dial before you begin.
5. Write partner's name on your hand in case you can't remember.
6. Use extra polygrip so your teeth don't end up under the bed.
7. Have a good painkiller ready to ease the pain this will cause, in case you actually complete the act..
8. Make all the noise you want... The neighbors are deaf too.
9. If it works, call everyone you know with the good news!!
10. Don't even think about trying it twice..
(I wrote this in large type so you can read it)